- The Deputy
- AI Gold Rush, Good Guys in AI & Recruiting Fails at Okta
AI Gold Rush, Good Guys in AI & Recruiting Fails at Okta
Exploring the AI Boom, Ethical AI Initiatives, and Recruitment Fails at Okta
*We are at The AI Summit NYC this week, so sending our weekly Thursday newsletter 1 day early (Wednesday).
In today’s email:
Job News: The AI Gold Rush ⭐️
Overheard at coffee: The QuadAttacK - The good guys of AI 🤖
Trending AI Tools: Too lazy to take recruiting notes during an interview? We have a tool to enable our laziness. 📝
Hot Jobs: (keep scrolling down ⬇️)
Recruiting Fails: Recruiting fail at Okta ❌
AI Gold Rush ⭐️
The tech community says the AI Gold Rush is here while your neighbor in Finance thinks it’s going to take his job. I am currently in NYC at The AISummitNY learning all things AI to strengthen Ramp Talent to make recruiting a better experience for everyone in 2024.
Wellfound recently claimed that companies can’t hire AI Talent fast enough. We hired about 25 AI type roles for clients last year and plan to double that number this year.
If you are sitting on the fence with AI here are a few things to ponder…
1. AI Gold Rush: It's like the Wild West out there in the AI job market. A whopping 75% of employers are on a mad dash to snag AI talent, but here’s the kicker – they can’t find enough sharpshooters. Amazon’s in the fray too, slinging big bucks, sometimes nearing a million, to rope in the crème de la crème of AI wizards.
2. Payday Bonanza: Talk about striking gold! If you’ve got AI skills, you’re in for a payday bonanza. We're seeing employers ready to jack up salaries like never before – think a hefty 43% more for the sales and marketing folks, 42% in the finance corral, and even 35% for the human resources posse. They reckon AI’s the new frontier in boosting creativity and productivity across the board.
3. AI's Economic Tsunami: Here’s the seismic shift – AI, especially the generative kind, is poised to automate a staggering 70% of jobs by 2030. That’s not just a drop in the bucket; it's a whole ocean, adding trillions to the global kitty. And for the moneybags investing in AI? They’re raking in a whopping $3.50 for every dollar thrown in. Now, that’s what I call a return!
4. The Cavalry's Coming: With a talent dry spell in AI, companies are getting creative. They’re striking up alliances with educational outposts and wrangling gig workers to fill the gaps. Heavy hitters like Amazon and Microsoft aren't just sitting on their laurels – they’re launching full-scale initiatives to school millions in AI by 2025, handing out scholarships and free courses like candy at a parade. They’re not just building a workforce; they’re shaping the future.
This is what I think happens over the next 5 years in software (how I think a new AI gold rush plays out)
AI is getting so advanced that anyone with a good idea can create beautiful software.
We're talking about SaaS tools, marketplaces, social apps so stunning that Steven… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
— GREG ISENBERG (@gregisenberg)
Dec 5, 2023
Overheard at coffee ☕️
What is an AI QuadAttacK? It’s software that can be used to test any deep neural network for adversarial vulnerabilities.
It’s not all rainbows and ice cream with AI. Somewhere out there in a no namer town like, Harrison, Arkansas a bitter and angry person working in their Grandma’s dark basement is doing everything they can to wreak havoc with malicious attacks.
The Deputy recommends you develop some street smart AI skills and know how some AI systems can be tricked. Start by looking at what researchers at North Carolina State University are researching.
AI systems are targets for manipulation and vulnerabilities exist. They are looking at the vulnerabilities and creating tools like QuadAttacK, to identify and address these issues for safer AI applications.
Know this about AI…
AI Gets Tricked. Imagine AI (Artificial Intelligence) is like a smart robot that can drive cars or look at X-ray pictures. But guess what? Sometimes, it can be tricked! If someone changes something very small, like putting a weird sticker on a stop sign, the AI might get confused and not see the stop sign at all. It's like playing a sneaky trick on the AI.
This Happens a Lot: Some smart scientists, like Tianfu Wu at North Carolina State and his team, found out that these tricks work on AI more often than we thought. This means that if someone who knows how to trick the AI does it on purpose, they can make the AI see or understand things the wrong way.
Meet QuadAttacK Testing: The same scientists made a special program called QuadAttacK. This program is like a test for AI. It helps to see if the AI can be tricked. It works by changing things a little bit and watching how the AI reacts. If the AI gets confused, they know there's a problem that needs to be fixed.
Why Is It Important? These mistakes by the AI can be a big deal, especially when the AI is doing something really important like driving a car. That's why it's important to find these problems and fix them. The scientists are sharing their program with others so more people can help make AI better and safer. They're also going to talk about their work at some upcoming AI Security meetings, where they'll share their ideas on how to make AI smarter and harder to trick.
Weiner Dogs Race - AI Art Fail
Trending AI Tools
🚀 Too lazy to take notes during an interview? Meet Metaview.ai - it will take notes for you.
Show me a good recruiter and I will ask to see their note taking process. We recently started using Metaview.ai for automatic AI powered notes and it’s already made a big difference. We can now dive deeper into our conversations with candidates instead of being distracted by taking notes. This allows us to make sure we don’t miss key details about the candidate and helps us present them to hiring managers. They have a free trial too. Give it a try!
🔥 Hot Jobs - $1K Referral Fee
LVT - LiveView Technologies (come build technology to decrease crime and make communities safer) - $1B Unicorn valuation
Database Developer at e-Commissions - remote - (4D, Python, SQL PostgreSQL)
Lead Executive Assistant for Coca Cola! - Unlimited Diet Coke and In office in Draper, UT - (Lead a team of 4 EAs and handle all EA duties for the CEO)
Construction Estimator - Estimate $8 - $10M Homes in Park City, UT
Title Processor for OpusVTR - Onsite in Draper, Utah
Title Processor for OpusVTR - Onsite in Indianapolis, Indiana
Recruiting Fails: As if Okta’s 2023 security breach isn’t enough, let’s move our attention to their recruiting team. We all talk a little trash after the zoom meeting but the real trash talkers know to talk trash on a new zoom link.
Watch this recruiting team fail who thought they were alone after a zoom video interview - https://streamable.com/c2ytj1
If you ain’t failing, you ain’t trying.
Do you have recruiting Fail Stories? Reply with your epic fails – we'll feature them. Own your blunders, embrace vulnerability, and let's all level up together.
Forward this email to a friend who needs to read this. 🚀 I am still working on a referral program as well (stay tuned).